I can’t believe that another year has come and gone! It’s the first year review for this little blog of mine, which I started just last January. I’ve really expanded my culinary adventures since then and also discovered a love of photography. I used to be one of the pickiest eaters ever! My weekly meals were quite repetitious and I pretty much ordered the same entrée when I visited the same old restaurants. Now I love reading other blogs, finding new ideas, and trying new things both in and out of the kitchen. Thank goodness for the creation of Pinterest! It’s been a great help in organizing all the recipes that I come across every day. This has been a great journey and I can’t wait to see what bakes up in 2012!
Here’s a round up of your favorite recipes from 2011. These just happened to be some of my favorites as well. If you haven’t had a chance to make any, I suggest you do. Enjoy!
1. Oreo Cupcakes – What’s not to love? Not only do these look and taste amazing, they also have an oreo cookie on the bottom of the cupcake and are filled with a cream filling! Mmm…
2. Chicken Noodle Soup - This is my mom’s recipe that I’ve been enjoying since I was a little kid. Comfort foods have always been a favorite of mine and there’s no better recipe than Mom’s!
3. Pumpkin Cream Cheese - As soon as fall hit I was exited to come up with seasonal recipes. I was surprised by how great this simple cream cheese tasted and also by the response of readers. It’s a must try!
4. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas - This is such an easy recipe to throw together for dinner. The ingredient list is simple and it’s so fast to prepare. When something takes such little effort to make and tastes this great, it gets an A in my book!
5. Lemon Meringue Cupcakes - These cupcakes are a show stopper! Lemon is such a fresh flavor and it reminds me of the springtime, so I made last Easter. Lemon was infused to every part, including the cake batter. Plus, it’s all topped with a toasted meringue frosting!
Goodbye 2011 and Cheers to 2012!
Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!